First, Thank you to all the gamers that added in their two cents to helped me improve this insert to a level I’m really proud of. If anyone thought the Star Wars Imperial Assault insert was complex then you should take a look at a game that’s basically all miniatures of different sizes and try to get them to all fit together in a clean and efficient manner. On top of that it’s a rather large insert to fit its rather large Cthulhu Wars core game box home.
I’m so happy to have this insert in use. Cthulhu Wars was my worst enemy in my battle against the little plastic baggies that would require me to pour miniatures onto a table and organize in prep for and game. I tried using plastic bins for tokens but they added a lot of bulk to the box and caused the lid of the already too large box to float up which looks odd and takes up home space that other games where trying to live.
- Insert accommodates all core game creatures and GOO’s
- Each of the two trays that hold the faction creatures has the creatures name engraved into it because a) It helps you know where the figures go. b) It looks good.
- Removable Dice box with 2X dice set capacity
- Removable Spell Book Box for easy setup and storage
- Removable Tokens Box for easy setup and storage
- Removable faction cultist boxes
- All the boxes have tabs build in so nothing should slide around if you tilt the box when removing from a game shelf.
Lets take a look at it shall we?
The first layer.
Check out those well organized engraved creature trays.
Please excuse the state of my Elder Gods, They are in the model putty process or are primer prepped for my next painting session.
The Bits/Token box holds a variety of components. The Dice Box holds at least 2 full sets of dice and should be able to hold the core dice and 2 additional sets of the engraved dice as well. The Gates/Spell book Box neatly holds, obviously, the Gates and Spell books. Since Cthulhu is so tall and needs to lay down I wanted to add a special box for him to continue to slumber until summoned. “Cthulhu Bed Box also hold the draw string bag and the reference cards.
The complete Cthulhu Wars core game nicely organized in its new insert. The maps, instructions and various tracks all sit on top. A special notch has been added to the top tray to keep that top layer in place and prevents it from moving around. I’ve also added a bit of a buffer to add extra sheets, cardboard sections or other instruction booklets if few new components for the expansions are released that you’d prefer have a home in the core box